- White, 5.0 mil backing, blue polyethylene film liner, 6.8 ounces per square yard
- Flame retardant, seal cargo bay panels, F.A.R Part 25.853(a), F.A.R. Part 25.855(d), Boeing material spec BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A, EU compliant per directive 2003/11/EC, Airbus spec ABS 5649
- Strong, high temperature resistance, tough, durable, superior abrasion resistance, puncture resistance
- Meets flame retardancy requirements of F.A.R. Part 25.853(a) and F.A.R. Part 25.855(d)
- High conformability to bond over a variety of difficult textures and uneven or curved surfaces
- Formulation does not contain antimony
- Offers good temperature resistance of -20ºF/-29ºC to 250ºF/121ºC
- Meets requirements of and can be qualified to Boeing material specifications BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A
A white, glass cloth film tape with an acrylic adhesive that provides superior product performance and Flame Retardant properties for aircraft maintenance and repair.
3M™ Flame Retardant Sealing Tape 398FR is a glass cloth tape with an acrylic adhesive for many applications requiring high adhesion, an abrasion-resistant backing and flame retardant properties. The tape meets flame retardancy requirements of F.A.R.