- Performs extremely well at low temperature without heat treatment (Ambient to 950°C)
- Supports a wide range of application temperatures, suitable for use in large diameter diesel substrates (especially those
substrates with low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion such as cordierite and AT) as well as gas applications
- Excellent erosion resistance for long-term durability
- Similar performance with reduced costs compared to a non-intumescent product
- Eliminates heat treatment at the canner, which can result in lower overall system costs, faster cycle times, lower inventory costs and less process variability
- Protects the substrates from road shocks and vibrations while the catalytic converter is in use
- Seals the monolith perimeter to prevent exhaust gas bypass
- Maintains mounting and insulating system durability
- Extensive engine durability testing and technical knowledge based on more than 30 years of expertise in automotive emissions
3M™ Interam™ Mat Mount 800 is an expanding mat mount with low binder content and increased resiliency to maximize low temperature performance.
Interam Mat Mount 800 is available in multiple weights and thicknesses for a range of mounting designs.