Aluminum loadings are generated during the drawing processed and carried away with the coolant. Without proper filtration, these particles can impact quality, increase tearoff, and limit the production yield.
To improve your can manufacturing process, production yield, product quality and sustainability, 3M has an effective solution that results in cost reduction and labor savings.
1. Uncoiler unwinds the aluminum coil into the lubricator.
2. Lubricator applies a thing film of lubricant to the aluminum sheet and then feeds the metal into the stamper that cuts out circular aluminum blanks.
3. The circular aluminum blanks are fed to the cupper that forms aluminum cups
4. Bodymakers deep draw the aluminum cups into aluminum cans at high speed and very tight tolerances.
5. The coolant filtration system provides a high-quality fluid, needed for the deep drawing process that is performed by the bodymakers, and recirculated.
To help meet growing demand for aluminum beverage cans, highly efficient 3M™ High Flow Filters provide very high filtration area and can reduce aluminum loading, corrosion by-products, and environmental contaminants in your coolant, resulting in increased production rates with less defects.
3M™ High Flow Series Filters have a large diameter, radial pleat design that allows for high flow capability per cartridge, reducing the number of filters and space required. Designed with ergonomics in mind, the horizontal housing orientation and cartridge handle also help to improve ergonomics, reduce change-out time and reduce worker exposure. Learn More
Takes up as little as one-half the size of competitive housings for a given flow rate.
Handle makes cartridge installation and removal easier.
Fewer cartridge seal points reduces the chance of fluid bypass.
3M products are constantly evolving to better meet customer needs. If you need help finding the right product for your project or have other questions about 3M solutions, connect with us.