Performing a proper shutdown of your 3M Water Filtration System is an essential practice to help preserve its functionality and help ensure expensive appliances are ready to go when you restart them back up.
Please follow the instructions below to ensure consistent performance when the system is returned to normal operation.
Why is it important to properly shut down and restart your 3M Water Filtration System? Inside your cartridge is our Integrated Membrane and Pre-Activated Carbon Technology (“I.M.P.A.C.T.”). This three stage system provides filtration you can count on to help reduce contaminants that may be in your water—and performing a proper shutdown is a great way to help keep it operating as intended.
Nonwoven filtration media that reduces larger size particles to help increase sediment holding capacity of the filter.
3M proprietary two-zone microporous pleated membrane that reduces 99.99% of protozoan cysts and helps provide excellent sediment life with minimal pressure drop.
Activated Carbon Filtration; 3M carbon block technology for reduction of lead, chlorine and odor and for improved taste.
1. Make sure the equipment connected to the filtration system is shutdown and close the inlet water valve of the filtration system.
2. Open the filter flush valve or downstream valve for a few seconds to relieve pressure in the system.
3. Close the flush valve or downstream valve.
4. Leave cartridges in place installed in the heads.
1. Open the filter inlet water valve and check for any leaks.
2. Flush the system to drain for at least 5 minutes.
3. Close the flush valve or downstream valve. System is now ready for use.
1. Discard the old filter cartridges.
2. Replace with new cartridges per the cartridge installation instructions.
3. Open the filter inlet water valve and check for any leaks.
4. Open filter flush valve or downstream value to flush the system per the filter’s recommended flush instructions included on the Performance Data Sheet.
5. Close the flush valve or downstream valve. System is now ready for use.