- Adhesive seals to prevent particles from infiltrating and damaging sensitive surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive offers good initial adhesion and holds through the sandblasting cycle
- One-piece removal means less time spent in clean up
- Robust release liner, provide reliable performance for industrial applications
- High-release liner helps eliminate liner separation during the computer plotting process
- Kraft paper also helps reduce edge roll and protects the tape
Our 3M™ 8 mil White Vinyl Film Tape 33518 on bleached kraft paper liner is ideal for use as a sandblast stencil for stone, glass, wood, granite and other materials. It effectively seals to prevent particles from infiltrating and damaging sensitive surfaces.
Protection During Sandblasting
Our 3M™ 8 mil White Vinyl Film Tape 33518
(PDF, 291.42 Kb) is designed to for use with light blasting media such as steel shot, glass bead and plastic. The vinyl backing is strong enough to provide protection during sandblast and paint stripping operations, helping to minimize the potential for damage. The backing is conformable and designed to apply smoothly to irregular surfaces, even around curves and corners. A robust, easy release liner allows for die-cutting and plotting capabilities. When adhered, this tape provides sharp lines during the blasting process to maintain the integrity of your detailed designs. When finished, this tape removes cleanly and in one piece from most surfaces, helping to reduce clean-up time.
3M™ 8 mil White Vinyl Film Tape 33518 is primarily designed for light-duty blasting applications. For more aggressive applications use 3M™ Sandblast Stencil line of tapes.
- Protection of surfaces during blasting applications, including metal, glass, stone and wood
- Stenciling and die-cut operations
- Media overspray protection