- Black, abrasion resistant backing provides long wear life and will outwear most PTFE tapes in sliding applications
- UHMW polyethylene backing reduces and helps eliminate noise and vibration
- Low coefficient of friction for applications requiring slick surface
- High-tack acrylic adhesive provides strong initial bond for fast results and less down time
- Excellent adhesion to many painted metal and plastic surfaces
- Liner ideal for fabrication and die cutting into various lengths and shapes
Our 3M™ Squeak Reduction Tape 9324 is a black UHMW polyethylene film tape with an acrylic adhesive. It is commonly used to control squeaks and rattles due to vibration or wear of metal and plastic parts. This is a black version of our 3M™ Squeak Reduction Tape 5430.
- Noise reduction on automotive instrument panels and interiors
- Noise reduction between rim fascia and painted metal
- Noise reduction on doors
- Help protect plastic and metal chutes, guide rails and containers from wear
- Industrial sliding or wear applications
The Science Behind Our Tape
Noise reduction on automotive instrument panels and interiors
The effectiveness of 3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5421 lies in its Ultra-High Molecular Weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) backing. UHMW-PE is a thermoplastic that has a unique combination of properties, such as exceptional hardness and low surface energy. The ultra-high molecular weight of this tape significantly reduces friction to create an effective solution for anti-stick and easy-release requirements. The abrasion resistance of UHMW-PE is greater than PTFE and increases as the molecular weight increases.
The extraordinary durability and versatility of UHMW-PE is used by designers and engineers in many industries worldwide. UHMW-PE based products offer a host of exceptional attributes that include high abrasion resistance, low coefficient of friction and one of the highest impact strength ratings of any thermoplastic. These attributes make them ideal for tough impact wear or sliding applications. The low coefficient of friction characteristic is surpassed only by PTFE; however, UHMW-PE tape has superior abrasion resistance. Our exceptional science and engineering of products provide long-lasting performance and successful solutions.