- Adhesive provides good initial quick-stick, building in strength over time
- Exceptional temperature performance provides long-lasting durability
- Double coated tape features solvent resistance for resilience
- 2 mil PET liner design offers stable differential release for easy application
- Adhesion to silicone rubbers and foams
3M™ Double Coated Tape 96042 consists of a 2.0 mil white, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) liner and a silicone adhesive on both sides of a clear, PET carrier. The silicone adhesive produces good initial quick-stick and the adhesive bonds build in strength over time. With exceptional temperature and solvent resistance, this double coated tape performs well for many tough applications.
Best 3M Adhesive Solutions for Gasket Attachment
- General purpose bonding to silicone elastomers and foams
- Vibration damping
- High temperature applications
(PDF, 942.5 Kb)
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that is removed at the time of application. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in electronics, automotive, aerospace, general industrial, and fabrication markets.
Compare More 3M Double Coated Tapes for Labeling and Graphics Solutions
(PDF, 26.89 Mb)
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Find More 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes
(PDF, 12.29 Mb)