- Stage 1 — Prepare. This stage includes pulling dents, removal of paint and rust and efficient, effective masking of the area.
- Stage 2 — Fill. This stage involves patching holes with reinforced filler and smoothing and shaping filler before painting.
- Stage 3 — Paint. This stage includes painting the area and blending and smoothing primer and paint.
- Stage 4 — Finish. The final stage for showroom-grade results: removing small defects, sealing and polishing clear coats and other painted surfaces.
3M supplies premium products such as abrasives, tapes, body fillers and tools for every stage. This system helps you work easily, efficiently and successfully across the entire body repair process.
Bringing Science to the Art of Auto Body Repair
As a brand of 3M, Bondo® is well known among collision repair professionals and others who are committed to helping restore the beauty and value to your automobiles. This spot and glazing putty is another way that 3M applies science to life — and helps you rediscover the excitement of owning and operating like-new vehicles.
View more Bondo® products.
(PDF, 812.1 Kb)
- Versatile Formula Repairs Scratches, Pinholes, Holes And Nicks.
- Can Be Used On Metal, Fiberglass And Wood As Well As Sanded And Primed Or Painted Surfaces.
- Features 3-Minute Work Time.
- Fast Drying – Sandable In 30 Minutes
- Non-Staining To Help Ensure A Consistent Paint Finish
- One-Part Application Requires No Mixing
- Ideal For Covering Minor Scratches, Rock Chips And Road Rash.
- Shrinks Very Little Over Time, Helping To Ensure Lasting Repairs Without Rework
- Dispenses Easily And Efficiently Right From The Tube
- Use During The Fill Stage Of The 3M Body Repair System