- Strong adhesion: Good initial and long-term (72 hour) adhesion to dry skin.
- Easy to use: Tape can be torn lengthwise and crosswise to create a variety of sizes as needed.
- Adheres to dry skin, tubes, devices and itself.
- Hypoallergenic. Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Consider a barrier like 3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film with Durapore™ Tape (per facility protocol).
3M™ Durapore™ Surgical Tape is a silk-like cloth tape designed for High-strength Securement jobs, such as securing catheters and tubes as well as for patient positioning.
When you need to keep a tube, device or bulky dressing securely in place, you need strength you can count on. Durapore™ Surgical Tape is a high-strength, no stretch tape that gives you confidence in your securement applications. Consider a barrier like 3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film with Durapore Surgical Tape (per facility protocol).
- Urinary catheters
- Nasogastric tubes
- Orogastric tubes
- Patient positioning
- Short-term securement of endotracheal tubes. For use in dry conditions. Not recommended fo ruse when excessive fluids and/or secretions are present. Tape securement and tube position should be monitored routinely.