- When paired with 3M™ Loop Fasteners, this reclosable fastener provides durability for thousands of openings and closures
- Woven nylon hook fastener provides great design flexibility and fast product assembly
- Plasticizer resistant acrylic-based adhesive offers great shear strength and bonds to a variety of substrates, especially flexible vinyls
- Alternative solution to zippers, screws, snaps and more
- Features good temperature resistance of 158°F (70°C)
- Good for either indoor or outdoor use
3M™ Plasticizer Resistant Hook Fastener SJ3522 is one part of a two-part fastener solution designed to provide great durability for thousands of closures. With its plasticizer resistant, acrylic-based pressure sensitive adhesive backing, this fastener allows for easy and convenient attachment to a variety of substrates, especially flexible vinyls.
Plasticizer Resistant Acrylic Adhesive
- Point of purchase display and signage
- General industrial applications
- Marine and specialty vehicle applications
The backing of 3M™ Plasticizer Resistant Hook Fastener SJ3522 is coated with a plasticizer resistant acrylic-based pressure sensitive adhesive. This adhesive strength builds up over time allowing for some repositionability before achieving full bond strength. The adhesive is designed specifically for use with flexible vinyls and will resist many plasticizers. It boasts good temperature and moisture resistance as well as UV stability and great shear strength.
3M™ Plasticizer Resistant Hook Fastener SJ3522 can be used in many marine and specialty vehicle applications
Secure, Repeated Closures
3M™ Hook and Loop Fasteners offer great design flexibility, fast product assembly, smooth and clean exterior surfaces and excellent product performance in many applications. 3M Hook and Loop Fasteners consist of hooks and loops which engage to form a quick fastening attachment. To disengage the attachment, simply pull the strips apart by hand.
The use of a pressure sensitive adhesive reduces or eliminates the need for sewing, solvent activation, dielectric or ultrasonic bonding or bulk adhesive bonding. Pressure sensitive adhesive products can be applied manually or automatically using a variety of equipment choices.
Bringing it All Together
3M™ Hook and Loop Fasteners provide the strong, tough attachment solutions you need. Simply press together and the tiny, stiff hooks mesh with pliable loops to create a quick, secure fastening system. Backed with a variety of 3M adhesive technologies, you can easily meet application demands that require thousands of easy opening and closings.