- Used for general splicing many lightweight coated papers
- Repulpable: water and alkali dispersibility helps eliminate risk of contaminating paper mill broke with non-repulpable material; meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213 procedure A
- Excellent heat resistance in drying temperatures as high as 400ºF (204ºC)
- Excellent adhesion: delaminates most papers, including many LWC formulations
- Meets the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180
3M™ Repulpable Double-Coated Splicing Tape 900 is ideal for permanent overlap splicing on coated papers. It combines high initial adhesion with excellent heat resistance.
Combines high initial adhesion with excellent heat resistance
Excellent for Use on Lightweight Coated Papers
The combination of high initial adhesion and very good heat resistance makes 3M™ Repulpable Double-Coated Splicing Tape 900 ideal for LWC (lightweight coated) papers, particularly for coated rotogravure and offset papers. It also performs well in many other finished splice applications, even with "alkaline coatings" and with stearate sizing.
Prevents Broke Contamination from Non-Repulpable Material
- Overlap finished splices in a paper mill
This 2.5 mil (0.06 mm) tape features a lightweight tissue coated on both sides with a blue, repulpable adhesive on a repulpable easy release paper liner. Tape offers excellent heat resistance up to 400°F (204°C) web temperature.
Repulpable construction means there is no need to remove splice from waste. The tape's water dispersability eliminates the danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material. It meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, so it helps to save labor costs and increase the value of waste paper. All components of the adhesive and backing meet the requirements of indirect food additive regulations as described under 21 CFR 176.170 and 21 CFR 176.180.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, our products have been at work in paper mills and printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done. From paper web splicing to plate mounting and packaging the finished job, you can rely on us for solutions and service throughout your operation.