- Aluminum oxide on RC material provides good initial and extended cut rate
- Designed for blending, coating removal, finishing, and light deburring on flat surfaces
- Best material for general use and moderate pressure usage
- Load-resistant material is well-suited for use on composites and soft metals such as aluminum
- Open web responds to surface irregularities and minimizes gouging of the part
- Easy fastening and swapping of quick change discs enhances tool efficiency and worker productivity
- Available in dark brown, extra coarse-grade; brown, coarse-grade; maroon, medium-grade; and blue, very fine grade
The Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change Surface Conditioning RC Disc saves time prepping workpieces for final finishes and coatings by cleaning and finishing in a single step. RC material breaks down with medium pressure to expose new fibers and mineral for effective cleaning, and is load-resistant to reduce clogging from paint and corrosion. Use it on flatwork, composites, and softer metals.
Designed for blending, coating removal, finishing, and light deburring
RC Construction for Composites and Softer Metals
Loading applications such as removing paint and corrosion require a product that breaks down easily to maintain a fresh cut. That's why our Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change Surface Conditioning RC Disc contains less resin than other surface conditioning products — it breaks down under medium pressure to produce a consistent cut-rate. Compared with our GP surface conditioning products, RC material offers a faster cut and increased durability for edgework. It is a great choice for general use, delivering a solid mix of durability, flexibility, and cut rate. Use this versatile disc for deburring, blending, cleaning and finishing on ferrous metals, as well as composites and softer metals.
Featuring a more compact structure of non-woven fibers than Buff & Blend products, RC material (formerly BriteRite™) is constructed with a woven fabric (scrim) embedded in the nylon structure to provide additional strength and durability. This helps extend the life of the disc and allows for prolonged use on ferrous metals where final finishing is important.
Choose our Quick Change Surface Conditioning FE Disc for use on ferrous metals, softer metals such as aluminum, and composites for:
- Deburring: removing large and micro burrs, edge radiusing, removing die cast flashings
- Blending: removing mill marks, tool marks and mismatches, reducing uneven edges between adjoining surfaces, reorienting surface scratch patterns, creating a smooth transition from one surface profile to another
- Cleaning: removing coatings, gaskets and surface discolorations from welds or other surfaces
- Finishing: conditioning grind lines, reducing surface roughness, polishing welds prior to inspection, applying cosmetic grain finish
Open web responds to surface irregularities and minimizes gouging
The Outstanding Performance of Surface Conditioning Material
Surface conditioning products have a non-woven construction in which fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral form a thick, open web or mesh. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to contours and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece, which in turn reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow heat and swarf to escape, prolonging the performance of the abrasive. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, outstanding cut performance and extremely long service life.
Aluminum Oxide for Ferrous Metals and Composites
The fibers that make up this disc are overlaid with aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide belts are a good match for operators who desire an all-purpose versatility and economy. The mineral cuts fast while blending and deburring and is a good choice for applications on ferrous metals and composites. RC discs feature a premium grain with higher fracture strength, meaning the mineral will fragment and renew more readily. They are available in grades of very fine, medium, coarse and extra coarse.
Quick Change Discs Boost Productivity
Quick change discs allow tool-free swap outs, maintain secure attachment at high speeds, and save operators time when switching discs between grades or applications. Easy fastening and swapping of discs enhances tool efficiency and worker productivity. The TP system features a snap-on/snap-off nylon fastening hub. TR discs have a nylon threaded male hub that easily threads onto TR or 3M™ Roloc™ type holder pads with a turn of the wrist, and the TS system has a metal hub that fastens to its holder pad with a simple twist.
Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change FE Discs are available with TP, TR and TS attachments in disc diameters up to 4". Discs with 4-1/2" to 7" diameters have a TS 5/8-11 threaded hub that easily mounts to a TS 5/8-11 holder pad. We recommend using our discs together with a Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change Holder Pad to ensure optimal disc performance and to ensure that pressure is applied evenly all the way to the edge of the disc.
Quality Standard Abrasives™ Solutions for Industrial Applications
The Standard Abrasives brand has supplied quality abrasives to the metalworking industry for over 50 years. Customers rely on our broad offering of high performance products including coated, bonded, and non-woven abrasive lines.