- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Modified synthetic rubber adhesive provides better adhesion than natural rubber adhesives and bonds well to metals and oily surfaces
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for pipe wrapping applications
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
For applications requiring adhesion to oily surfaces, use our Scotch® Filament Tape 898MSR. This filament-reinforced tape is ideal for bundling and wrapping applications on heavy gauge metals. It offers long-term holding power, very-high tensile strength, and excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance.
The World's Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
- Metal coil closure
- Metal panel splicing
- Bundling, reinforcing and strapping applications
- Bundling rebar and metal conduit
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.