- Compact abrasive lightly deburrs and finishes the workpiece without changing part geometry
- Mounted point is securely fastened to a metal spindle for safe use with die grinders
- Non-woven construction resists loading during use
- Unitized production method compresses abrasive web for greater density and durability
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Self-dressing material exposes fresh grain through the life cycle
- Silicon carbide grain, identified by even last digit in the product number, produces finer, brighter finishes than aluminum oxide, identified by odd last digit in the product number
- Color-coded for quick and easy identification: dark gray CRS, blue MED, light gray FIN
Our Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Mounted Point lightly deburrs, blends and finishes metal and plastic parts. Choose from many different shapes and sizes to match specific small parts with hard-to-reach areas. Unitized mounted points deburr and finish without altering the shape of the workpiece, and self-dress to continually expose fresh mineral during use for efficient operations.
Comes in a variety of shapes and sizes
Suitable Shapes and Sizes for a Variety of Workpieces
Our Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Mounted Point comes in a variety of ANSI (American National Standards Institute) shapes and sizes, ideal for light blending and deburring of smaller workpieces. The variety of abrasive sizes helps operators effectively finish various parts. The abrasive point comes permanently fastened to a metal spindle so it can be securely run at high speed with a die grinder.
Unitized Products Excel at Consistent Finishes
Our Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Mounted Point reduces the risk for smearing or blemishing the surface. It also features non-woven web that is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
Unitized products are produced by compressing and curing multiple layers of abrasive material together. The tough, layered, unitized construction gives the abrasive higher density and more durability, making our Standard Abrasives™ Unitized Mounted Point ideal for small workpieces that require a consistent finish. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.
Super Sharp Silicon Carbide Leaves a Fine Finish
Silicon Carbide is harder and sharper than either aluminum oxide or zirconia alumina. It is most commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding. While it may have a shorter life than aluminum oxide, it produces a finer, brighter finish.
The unitized mounted points are color-coded by grade for easy identification in the workroom. Coarse grade points are dark gray, medium grade points are blue, and fine grade points are light gray.
The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Non-Woven Products
Standard Abrasives™ Unitized products offer many benefits for heavy-duty jobs. They invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput.