- Epoxy for bonding glass to metal or plastic on vehicles
- Recommended for either stationary or movable glass applications
- Rapidly curing epoxy gets a car ready for the road sooner
- Black color maintains O.E.M. appearance
3M™ Channel Bonding and Sidelite Adhesive securely bonds glass in both stationary and movable applications on automobiles. Our high-performance, two-component black epoxy adhesive is both flexible and durable when bonding impervious surfaces such as glass to metal or plastic. This adhesive is black in color.
3M™ Performance Manual Applicator
3M™ Static Mixing Nozzle
3M™ Channel Bonding and Sidelite Adhesive creates a secure bond between glass and other impervious materials such as metal or plastic. Our two-part, black epoxy adhesive is rated for bonding both movable and stationary glass into place. This rapidly curing adhesive has a work time of 5 minutes, a clamp time of 1 hour and a cure time of 24 hours under typical environmental conditions. The quick-curing properties of this adhesive is a benefit compared to the hours or even days it often takes for one-part sealers and adhesives. The black color of the adhesive maintains the desired O.E.M. appearance.
Apply this adhesive with a 3M™ Performance Manual Applicator (part number 08190) and 3M™ Static Mixing Nozzle (part number 38191). This comprehensive mixing and application system provides precise placement of adhesive with no waste and more time savings.
Before using this product, please reference Product Label and/or Safety Data Sheet for Health and Safety Information. Note: Laws controlling the acceptable amounts of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's) vary by state, and in some cases by locality. For surface preparation and clean-up activities, consult federal, state and local regulations regarding use of products containing VOCs in your area.
Typical Performance Properties:
The following times have been determined with ambient air temperature and substrate temperature @ 70°F (21°C) and are considered typical values.
Directions for Use:
- WORK TIME: 5 minutes
- MIX NOZZLE DWELL TIME: 3.5 minutes
- HANDLING/CLAMP TIME: 1 hour
- CURE TIME: 24 hours
- Preparation: Clean the side glass channel of dirt, oil, grease and moisture dry thoroughly. When bonding to a metal channel, first remove all rust. For optimum adhesion and corrosion resistance, prime all metal surfaces prior to applying seam sealer(s). If an acid-etch (self-etching) primer is used, a 2K epoxy or urethane primer must be applied before the application of the adhesive.
- Clean the window glass of all dirt, oil grease and moisture using glass cleaner. Dry thoroughly.
- If repairing a movable glass position the glass properly in the glass run channel and tape in place in the up position. If stationary glass prepare the pinch weld area as necessary, (be sure to pre-fit all parts prior to applying the adhesive).
- Insert the cartridge into the applicator gun, remove the cap from the cartridge and dispense a small amount of adhesive until both parts A and B dispense equally.
- Attach the mixing nozzle and dispense a small amount of adhesive through the mixing nozzle.
- Apply the adhesive to one of the parts and assemble the parts within 3 minutes.
- If bonding a movable glass leave the glass in the up position for 24 hours before using. If bonding a stationary glass fixture in place for 1 hour before using.
Unmixed material may be cleaned from most surfaces with an appropriate VOC compliant product.