- Convenient sheet form available in a variety of sizes, grits, and densities
- Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast, and performs well on many surfaces
- A-weight light paper backing is suitable for hand sanding and finishing applications
- Open coat construction provides a more aggressive cut and minimizes dust clogging on the abrasive for increased productivity
- Load-resistant coating helps prevent premature loading of the sheet surface to maximize cut and extend the life of the abrasive grains
3M™ Gold Paper Sheet 216U are designed with an open coat aluminum oxide abrasive in sheets of various sizes, grits, and grades. These sheets provide productivity in a wide variety of applications from express repair to large body repair. Coarser varieties are ideal for feather edging filler and putty, while finer grades work well for further refinement and primer sanding.
Available in a variety of sizes and grits
3M™ Gold Abrasives are the standard that shops have turned to for quality, performance and durability for over 25 years. Our Gold Abrasives are precision coated with high quality minerals and resins to deliver longer-lasting abrasives that cut through a variety of surfaces - including paint, primer, fiberglass, metal and SMC. 3M™ Gold Abrasives produce uniform, consistent finishes. When job quality and productivity matter most, turn to the abrasives that shops have relied on year after year.
3M™ Gold Paper Sheets are made of long-lasting aluminum oxide abrasive grains on a light A-weight paper backing suitable for lightweight hand sanding and finishing. The open coat and load-resistant coating help prevent loading for longer use, and help produce a smooth, consistent finish. Hand finishing is frequently used in a variety of applications to produce a fine finish.
Loading occurs when material clogs the surface of the sanding paper and the abrasive points, which can quickly make the sheet ineffective. Open coat construction means the abrasive grains are spaced so that dust and debris can collect in the spaces rather than loading the sheet. Additionally, the open coat feature provides a more aggressive cut than a comparable closed coat abrasive of the same grade, for faster results.
- Wet sanding
- Fine featheredging
- Final sanding step before priming