- Cable management solution for electrical, data and communication applications
- One-piece, round hinged metal enclosure makes installation fast and easy
- Intumescent material and foam smoke seals provide lasting firestop protection
- Round shape fits easily into standard hole saw, dry or wet core bit openings
- Re-enterable for high traffic areas or blank penetrations
- Firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Pass-Through Device Round are one-piece hinged metal enclosures designed to prevent the passage of fire, smoke and toxic gas. This easily-installed device is ideal for firestopping penetrations in high traffic areas where telecom, data or electrical cables are frequently added or removed. Intumescent material and foam smoke seals achieve a 3 hour fire protection rating.
Provide protection for vital cabling
Simple and Effective for Protecting Critical Equipment
3M™ Fire Barrier Pass-Through Device Round is an ideal firestop solution for through wall penetrations for cabling. This one-piece, round, hinged metal enclosure features a combination of a fixed firestopping intumescent material and foam smoke seals at each end. The re-enterable device installs quickly and easily for new construction or retrofit applications. It is built for round openings, making it easy to slide into standard holes created by hole saws, masonry dry core or concrete wet core bits. It is suitable for blank penetrations, or it hinges over existing cables. It can be secured using optional mounting brackets or firestop sealants (sold separately). When adding or removing cables in the penetration, technicians simply remove and reinstall the foam plugs instead of the entire device. This Fire Barrier Pass-Through Device is designed to provide years of dependable through-penetration firestopping with no reapplication or maintenance.
- Vital telecom/data equipment
- Cables — 750 kcmil, Cat 6, fiber optic, 300 pair No. 24 AWG copper telephone cable, thermostat
- Plastic pipes — ccPVC, PVC, ENT, CPVC, FRPP, PVDF, ccABS, ABS, rigid non-metallic, PEX
- Metal pipes — copper, steel, iron, flexible gas
- Insulated — AB/PVC on copper line sets
- Combinations — metallic, non-metallic and insulated pipes plus cables
- Blank penetrations
Easy to install
Fully Tested and Approved
Our 3M™ Fire Barrier Pass-Through Device Round are firestop tested to the criteria of ASTM E 814/UL 1479 Standard Test Method for Fire Tests of Penetration Firestop Systems, ASTM E 84/UL 273 Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials, ASTM E 90 Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements, and ASTM E 413 Classification for Rating Sound Insulation.
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Pass-Through Device Round are part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.
- 3M™ Fire Barrier Pass-Through Devices are primarily used in electrical, data communication or plumbing systems in fire-rated wall or floor assemblies. Typical penetrants include:
- Cables - 750 kcmil, Cat 6, fiber optic, 300 pair No. 24 AWG copper telephone cable, thermostat
- Plastic pipes - ccPVC, PVC, ENT, CPVC, FRPP, PVDF, ccABS, ABS, rigid non-metallic, PEX
- Metal Pipes - copper, steel, iron, flexible gas
- Insulated - AB/PVC on copper line sets
- Combinations - metallic, non-metallic and insulated pipes plus cables
- Blanks (for future use)