- Works in demanding conditions and retains flexibility in autoclave conditions in temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 350°F (177°C)
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Chemical resistant adhesive and backing provides durability in difficult environments, such as anodization
- Thicker version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402, providing more durability and longer wear
- Ideal for splicing applications on surfaces that are difficult to adhere too, such as silicone coated papers and films
- Translucent green backing is easily identifiable for splicing applications
- Meets several aerospace specifications
For anodizing, composite bonding and splicing, use 3M™ Polyester Tape 8403. This translucent green tinted tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that bonds well on difficult surfaces, including silicone coated papers and films. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments. This tape is a thicker version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8403 tape has a silicone adhesive functions well for masking and removes cleanly, in one-piece, from most surfaces
Thick and Durable Tape for Masking in High Temperatures
3M™ Polyester Tape 8403 is a thicker polyester tape designed for easy handling and more durability. It is ideal for masking in high temperature applications and adheres well to silicone coated surfaces. The tape has a silicone adhesive that functions well for masking and removes cleanly, in one-piece, from most surfaces. This tape also excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers and films subject to high temperatures.
Learn more about 3M™ Masking and Surface Protection Products
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)
With exceptional chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in some of the most demanding work conditions, such as anodization. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 425°F (218°C). Our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8403 has long service life and is designed to remain firmly adhered and flexible.
- Splicing of silicone liners, films and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces (PDF, 254.41 Kb) in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Paint mask for areas subject to higher temperature bake cycles