Incidents and Returns can be raised for one of the following reasons: damaged item, item not received, item not as ordered, delivery took longer than expected, general issue, or I want to return the product.
Products purchased via the 3M Marketplace can be returned only to the fulfilling Distributor, and only through the 3M Marketplace. Returns cannot be done in-store. Please work with the Distributor on resolution before going to your bank or credit card to dispute the charge.
Products can be returned within 30 days from the date you receive it, subject to the fulfilling Distributor's acceptance of your return request. All returned items must: be in original, clean, and resalable condition; contain the original 3M packaging and intact UPC codes, if applicable; and be in a complete unit of measure (for example, if the initial transaction was for a full case, then a partial case is not eligible for return).
The following are not eligible for returns: items that have been used, altered, or otherwise made non-resalable (such as disposable respirators which cannot be returned once opened); custom-made items; items whose packaging has been altered or custom labeled; and any item that has been obsoleted, has an expired shelf life, or is not a current product available from Distributors.
Distributor will provide a pre-paid shipping label via the original carrier used in the shipment if a return is due to the fault of the Distributor. If you change your mind and want to return a Product, then you will pay the shipping cost to send the item back. In the event of a permitted return, regardless of reason, the shipping costs for the original order will not be recalculated or refunded.
To process a return:
- Create or log-in to your 3M Marketplace account.
- If you do not have a 3M Marketplace account, click on the following link and enter your order number and email address Click here.
- Select Order History and then View Order Details.
- Click Initiate Incident/Return next the item you wish to return.
- Click Return Product within the Select IncidentReason field.
- Monitor your account to determine if the Distributor has accepted or denied your return request.
- If the return is accepted, the Distributor will send you a return shipping label. Use this label to ship the Product to the Distributor. Once the Distributor receives the returned Product, the refund will be processed (typically in the next three business days).
Refunds are processed using the payment method specified in the original purchase. You can check the status of pending refunds via your 3M Marketplace account. Price matching and other similar adjustments are not available via the 3M Marketplace. Accepted returns are not subject to any restocking or handling fees.
Exchanges cannot be processed via the 3M Marketplace. If a different Product is desired (for example, different size or color), then you will need to consider whether to return a previously purchased Product and order a different Product.