- Designed for use on bottles, bags, LSE and other demanding healthcare applications
- Designed to survive autoclaving, ETO and gamma sterilization while adhered to most surfaces.
- Meets many pharmaceutical industry or manufacturer specifications.
- 43# Densified Kraft liner helps improve application accuracy due to excellent liner release consistency.
- Ideal for application rates up to 250 containers per minute.
3M™ Performance Paper Label Material 7000 provides excellent resistance to flagging on small diameter vials. This label material utilizes 3M™ High Precision Acrylic Adhesive 320, which provides firmness and strength on a variety of surfaces including high surface energy (HSE) and low surface energy (LSE) plastics, as well as, metals.
Label Materials for the Demands of Health Care Applications
Excellent for adherence to a range of HSE and LSE surfaces including plastic vials, 3M™ Health Care Label Materials are designed for added efficiency and reliability in health care settings. Facestocks including polyolefin, polypropylene and a range of coated papers deliver durability, destructibility for tamper-evident applications and conformability even around small diameters. Many of these label materials are designed to withstand autoclaving after application. Adhesives are available to meet general-purpose healthcare device labeling as well as specific needs including resistance to flagging, adherence to polypropylene and polyethylene, fluid resistance and corrosion prevention. A selection of liners includes polyester film, polypropylene laminated to kraft paper, supercalendered kraft and glassine for excellent die cutting and consistent label production.
- Small diameter vials and single unit dose injectables
- Pharmaceutical labeling and packaging
- Glass and HDPE
- Barcode labels and rating plates
- Property identification and asset labeling
- Thermal transfer labels
- Variable information printing (VIP)
- Brand and instruction labels
- Caution warning labels
3M™ Health Care Label Materials are designed for narrow web presses using flexographic, UV letterpress, thermal transfer, screen or gravure printing processes.
About 3M Adhesives for Health Care Label Materials
3M™ Health Care Label Materials feature a range of our specially-formulated adhesives for just the right balance of adhesion and removability. Adhesives include:
- 3M™ Adhesive 350 is a modified acrylic adhesive ideal for applications requiring high shear strength even on low surface energy materials, powder coatings or slightly oily metals.
- 3M™ High Tenacity Acrylic Adhesive 320 delivers excellent flagging resistance even on curved surfaces, excellent for small diameter vials. It is suitable for flexographic and thermal transfer print technologies.
- 3M™ Adhesive 300 is a medium-firm adhesive for general-purpose labeling. It is tested for a range of surfaces including polypropylene, polyester, ABS, polycarbonate and stainless steel.
- 3M™ Adhesive 400 is a medium-firm pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive system which delivers a consistently strong bond across a range of temperatures, up to 250°F/121°C.
- 3M™ Adhesive 700 is a synthetic rubber adhesive offering high tack on low surface energy plastics such as polyethylene and polypropylene. It eliminates the need for costly corona or flame treatments.
- 3M™ Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1410 provides high tack and excellent adhesion to substrates including polyolefins. It features a neutral pH to help prevent corrosion between the label and the surface or container. It is ideal for flexographic printing technologies.
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1650 is designed to meet difficult specifications including those which require excellent thermal stability and resists many industrial fluids.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.