- Wiper edge plungers swipe each cartridge thoroughly to maximize use of materials
- Parts that form injection kit offer compact and simple method of packaging resin systems
- Material in kits can be disposed of, in a manner that complies with applicable regulations, without physical contact with the sealant
- Polyethylene is chemically resistant and will not interact or affect sealant material dispensed through it
- Accessories also include cartridge caps and ramrods
Our 3M™ Mix & Dispense Equipment – Cartridges and Accessories are designed to keep pace with manufacturing and MRO requirements in the aerospace industry. The cartridges are made with durable, high or low density polyethelyne (HDPE or LDPE).
Disposable plastic cartridges and nozzles provide clean, efficient application of aerospace sealants for production and maintenance
3M™ Mix & Dispense Equipment — Cartridges and Accessories are ideal for single component or pre-mixed and frozen applications involving polysulfides, epoxies, urethanes and acrylics. Our product line includes various size cartridges, plungers, caps and other components to mix, store and dispense measured amounts of aerospace sealants. Ideal for applying mixed sealants, polyethylene (PE) is the material of choice for these cartridges. PE is chemically resistant and will not interact or affect the sealant material dispensed through it. Some of the pieces available in this family of 3M™ Mix & Dispense products include:
Our Best for Your Best
- Cartridges are available in 2-1/2, 6, 8, 12 and 20 ounce capacities. Each size can be used with hand or bench mounted, air powered or manual dispensing tools. Our cartridges are molded in either standard HDPE or low density LDPE polyethylene, and in black or natural color.
- Injection kits are a compact and simple method of packaging resin systems. 3M offers the individual pieces to form an injection kit. The kit mechanically separates the base and hardener until they are ready to be used. An internal mixing head provides a thorough blend for all types of compounds. When the job has been completed, the entire package can be disposed of, in a manner that complies with applicable regulations, without physical contact with the resin. Accurate compound ratios, complete mixing and proper application techniques add reliability and efficiency.
- Plungers with a wiper leading edge swipe each cartridge thoroughly to maximize use of materials.
- Caps are ideal for storage or to save unused sealants, our top and bottom caps provide a choice of methods to seal the neck and base of the cartridge with threaded neck caps and snap-on end plugs for each end of the cartridge, making the system ideal for prepackaged materials as well as pre-mixed and frozen material handling.
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Creating efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants and other products that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the cost-saving advantages of 3M Aerospace
. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality, performance and adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.
See More 3M™ Mix & Dispense Products: