3M™ Polyester Film 8038 is a 2 mil gloss clear polyester film. It's topcoated for ink anchorage and its clarity is also suitable for subsurface print applications. It can be paired with a laminating adhesive for a wide range of applications. In those cases, care should be taken during die-cutting, since adhesive ooze around the finished labels may lead to label blocking. Be sure to thoroughly evaluate the product construction in actual end-use applications toake sure customer requirements are satisfied.
Excellent for Custom Label Design
A premium selection of facestocks and liners, our 3M™ Films & Liners Label Materials are engineered to meet the most specific requirements in challenging label applications. Topcoated facestocks are available in acetate, polyester, vinyl, polypropylene, polyethylene, polyolefin and semi-rigid vinyl and nonwoven material for just the right blend of tensile strength and conformability. Polyester film liners are available with silicone release coating on one or two sides to resist wrinkling and edge curling, and a range of kraft liners includes polycoated, clay coated and supercalendered for processing such as high-speed die cutting and matrix stripping.
- Graphics inspection of backlit panels
- Wide web lamination
- Overlaminates with 3M™ Printable Tapes
- Chart tape applications
- Domed decal molding
- Identification labels for automotive, electronics and other durable goods
- Asset labels and rating plates requiring unique adhesives for specific performance requirements
- Sub-surface graphics printing
- High-temperature applications
3M™ Films & Liners Label Materials are suitable for flexographic or screen print processes as well as thermal transfer, digital print, inkjet, laser and dot matrix printing methods.
About 3M Adhesives and 3M Films and Liners
Several 3M™ Films & Liners Label Materials are available with 3M adhesives pre-applied for effectiveness and cost efficiency in specific applications. Adhesives include:
- 3M™ High Temperature Acrylic Adhesive 100 is designed for exceptional shear values at elevated temperatures, and can withstand exposure to 450°F (232°C) for short periods.
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1480 is formulated for acid resistance and adhesion to polyolefins, and meets the demanding requirements of most battery label specifications.
- 3M™ Adhesive 400 is a medium-firm pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive system which delivers a consistently strong bond across a range of dissimilar materials including metals, glass, wood, papers, paints, and many plastics.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface Through Science
3M is the premier durable label solution provider globally in the Industry today. 3M materials and services will enable you and your customers to present the best images, products, and quality as we solve marketplace solutions from design to production. We do this by partnering with industry leaders to deliver the best possible technology for innovative solutions regardless of your print method, substrates, and ink systems.