- Designed specifically for computer printing applications including dot matrix/impact
- #300 adhesive bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, high surface energy (HSE) plastics and low surface energy (LSE) plastics.
- 55# densified kraft liner assures consistent die cutting.
- 3M™ Label Material 7881 is UL recognized (Files MH11410) and CSA accepted (File 99316). See the UL and CSA listings for details
- The topcoat also provides improved ink anchorage for traditional forms of press printing.
- The matte coating resists degradation from scuffing, chemicals, moisture, and wide temperature fluctuations.
- It is ideal for applications requiring high initial adhesion especially to LSE plastic surfaces.
3M™ Computer-Imprintable Polyester Label Material 7881 is a durable, high performance material that offers excellent thermal stability, moisture resistance and chemical resistance
Labels Designed Specifically for Dot Matrix Printing Applications
Featuring a range of topcoated facestocks, adhesives and liners, 3M™ Dot Matrix Label Materials are designed for dot matrix/impact and other computer imprinting applications. A choice of polyester, polypropylene and semi-rigid vinyl facestocks allows for just the right blend of durability and conformability. These coated facestocks accept a wide variety of flexographic and U.V. rotary letter press film inks as well as screen, ion deposition, offset and thermal transfer printing, and most allow for hand writeability in ball point pen ink. Adhesives are formulated for general-purpose labeling as well as a range of demanding environments including acid-resistant labels and labeling in low temperatures.
A range of kraft liners includes supercalendered, clay coated and polycoated for strength and stability during high-speed die-cutting and matrix stripping, perforations and fanfolds.
- Barcode labels and rating plates
- Property identification and asset labeling
- Warning, instruction, and service labels for durable goods
- Nameplates for durable goods
- Substitutes for stamped metal, riveted plates
- Power tools
- Outdoor overlaminates
- Equipment and machinery
- Lawn and garden
About 3M Adhesives for Dot Matrix Labels
3M™ Dot Matrix Label Materials feature a range of our specially-formulated adhesives for just the right balance of adhesion and removability. Adhesives include:
- 3M™ Adhesive 300 is a medium-firm adhesive for general-purpose labeling. It is tested for a range of surfaces including polypropylene, polyester, ABS, polycarbonate and stainless steel.
- 3M™ Adhesive 310 resists oozing and provides high bond strength on a variety of surfaces, ideal for smaller label printing applications. Its firmness is compatible with thermal transfer and laser technologies.
- 3M™ Adhesive P1212 is a high-clarity emulsion, ideal for use on overlamination and decorative films. It adheres well to painted metal (except powder coats), plastics such as polystyrene and ABS, galvanized and stainless steel, aluminum and even glass.
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1400 is formulated for use in demanding environments. This adhesive offers good UV resistance and excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, including polyolefins.
- 3M™ Freezer Grade Acrylic Adhesive F2201 offers high initial tack, good clarity, and adhesion when applied at temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C).
- 3M™ High Performance Permanent Tackified Acrylic Adhesive P1480 is formulated for acid resistance and adhesion to polyolefins, and meets the demanding requirements of most battery label specifications.
Many of these adhesives are UL recognized and CSA accepted (see the UL and CSA listings for Files and other details).
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
3M is the premier durable label solution provider globally in the Industry today. 3M materials and services will enable you and your customers to present the best images, products, and quality as we solve marketplace solutions from design to production. We do this by partnering with industry leaders to deliver the best possible technology for innovative solutions regardless of your print method, substrates, and ink systems.