- Results in 3-5 days.
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating the time-consuming, cumbersome step of preparing media/agar dishes.
- No pH adjustment is required
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) #997.02 for food
- Food processors and Contract labs worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results.
This 3M Petrifilm Yeast and Mold Count Plate is a sample-ready-culture medium system which contains nutrients supplmented with antibiotics, a cold-water-soluble gelling agent, and an indicator that facilitates yeast and mold enumeration.
- Yeasts are typically indicated by small, blue-green colonies with defined edges and no foci.
- Molds are indicated by large, variably-colored colonies with diffuse edges and center foci.
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M Petrifilm Plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M Petrifilm Plates. That’s because 3M Petrifilm Plates have streamlined, standardized and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.