- Actively removes fluid and helps reduce edema
- Provides medial tension which helps minimize fascial retraction and loss of domain
- Provides separation between the abdominal wall and viscera, protecting abdominal contents
- Protects abdominal contents from the external environment
- Allows rapid access for re-entry and does not require sutures for placement
- Features 3M™ SensaT.R.A.C™ Technology
- Compatible with the 3M™ V.A.C.® Ulta Therapy Unit
The 3M™ AbThera™ SensaT.R.A.C™ Open Abdomen Dressing is a temporary abdominal closure device that helps surgeons take control early when managing a challenging open abdomen, helping to achieve primary fascial closure.
3M™ AbThera™ SensaT.R.A.C™ Dressing Kit consists of 1 fenestrated visceral protective layer, 2 pieces of perforated foam, 1 3M™ SensaT.R.A.C.™ Tube Set, and 4 pieces of 3M™ V.A.C.® Drape.
- 3M™ AbThera™ Therapy is indicated for temporary bridging of abdominal wall openings where primary closure is not possible and /or repeat abdominal entries are necessary
- The intended use of this dressing is in open abdominal wounds with exposed viscera including, but not limited to, abdominal compartment syndrome