- Allows for clean label removal without adhesive residue remaining on the substrates
- Full range of facestocks includes paper, vinyl, polyester, polypropylene (PP) and polystyrene
- Wide range of removable acrylic adhesives for indoor and outdoor applications
- Topcoated and non-topcoated materials allowing print flexibility
- Can be used for protective and masking applications in addition to identification
- Static cling versions are available
3M™ Removable Label Materials are available for a wide range of labeling, printing and production challenges. Coated and uncoated facestocks include paper, vinyl, polypropylene (PP) and polyester to accept a wide variety of ink systems. Adhesives are formulated to provide a variety of adhesion levels while still being removable.
Learn more about 3M facestock, adhesive and liner combinations
- Bar code tracking
- Track and trace
- Thermal transfer labels for variable information printing
- Brand and instruction labels
- Temporary point of purchase labelling
- Pre-mask applications
- Durable removable/outdoor decals
- Surface protection and masking
- Over laminate
- Digital window graphics
(PDF, 12.4 Mb)
About 3M Removable Label Adhesives
3M™ Removable Label Materials feature a range of our specially-formulated adhesives for just the right balance of adhesion and removability. Adhesives include:
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
- 3M™ High Stability Acrylic Adhesive 500 is our highest adhesion adhesive available on vinyl and polyester label stocks. Removes cleanly from most surfaces up to one year after application, ideal for outdoor applications.
- 3M™ Removable Adhesive R3500 (PDF, 10.46 Kb) for use on smooth surfaces such as glass, metal, and plastic (including polystyrene). It provides good initial tack and long-term adhesion and removes without residue.
- 3M™ Ultra Removable Adhesive R3800 (PDF, 10.43 Kb) is a lower tack version of R3500, and is sold as a static cling alternative
- 3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1000 is our lowest adhesion adhesive that delivers good holding power and clean removability on many surfaces. This adhesive can be laminated to various substrates to make them repositionable.
3M is the Premier Durable Label solution provider globally in the Industry today. 3M materials and services will enable you and your customers to present the best images, products, and quality as we solve marketplace solutions from design to production. We do this by partnering with industry leaders to deliver the best possible technology for innovative solutions regardless of your print method, substrates, and ink systems.
Talk with a 3M expert about your exact needs, including CSA compliance, and how our performance label materials can be combined and converted into the precise size and shape you need.
Learn about pressure sensitive adhesives, labeling materials and specialty products
(PDF, 3.24 Mb)