- Reduces sediment1 and scale1
- Average cartridge life: 6 months (incoming water quality may affect cartridge life)
- Proprietary polypropylene manufacturing process
- Grooved surface increases total surface area for longer cartridge life compared than non-grooved filter cartridges
- Rigid construction helps to eliminate sediment “unloading” due to variances in water pressure
- Materials are FDA CFR-21 compliant*
The 3M™ Aqua-Pure™ Whole House Standard Diameter Water Filter Drop-in Replacement Cartridge AP420 for the AP100 & standard and large diameter Stainless Steel Housing Series, is a good choice in water filtration. This standard 2.75” diameter by 9.8” length drop-in cartridge is manufacturer tested and verified to reduce sediment down to 5 micron nominal.
Proprietary polypropylene manufacturing process
The 3M™ Aqua-Pure™ Whole House Standard Diameter Water Filter Drop-in Replacement Cartridge AP420 for the AP100 & standard and large diameter Stainless Steel Housing Series, is a great choice in water filtration. This standard 2.75" diameter drop-in cartridge is manufacturer tested and verified to reduce sediment** down to 5 micron nominal, as well as scale**. Our dual purpose replacement cartridge, the AP420's rigid construction from our proprietary polypropylene manufacturing process, helps to eliminate "unloading" of sediment due to variances in water pressure, sometimes referred to as water hammer. The scale inhibition media helps prevent scale build-up on water heaters (both standard and tankless styles), as well as down-stream plumbing fixtures.
Additional features and specifications include:
- 5 micron nominal
- Flow Rate: 10 gpm/37.9 gpm (housing dependent)
- Average life: 6 months (incoming water quality may affect cartridge life)
- 2.75 in/7 cm by 9.8 in/24.9 cm
- 25-125 psi/172-862 kPa pressure range
- 40-100°F/4.4-37.8°C temperature range
To maximize system performance and efficiency, regularly scheduled maintenance including replacement of the filter cartridges at the required interval, at the rated capacity, or sooner if a reduction in water flow occurs is required. Filter life is dependent on actual use and incoming water quality.
Excellence in Filtration Technology
3M branded water filtration products have been addressing water quality issues for over 50 years. 3M products offer a wide range of solutions designed to address many types of water quality concerns. Third-party certifications, such as NSF and WQA, are an advantage provided on many 3M water quality improvement solutions. 3M, a household brand name, is a known leader in filtration technology recognized for innovation, trust and quality around the world.
Having clean and clear drinking water in your home is both a pleasure and a reassurance that you're giving your family the best. With a water filtration system from 3M Purification, you can provide filtered drinking water for every member of your family. From whole home water filtration to drinking water systems, look to 3M Purification to help you find the right solution.