- Creates a permanent, simple overlap splice on uncoated papers
- Adhesive provides a very strong bond to cellulose fibers
- Repulpable adhesive won’t contaminate paper mill broke: meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, Procedure A
- Light green color makes splice easily identifiable
3M™ Repulpable Double Coated Splicing Tape 405 is a lightweight tissue coated on both sides with a light green repulpable adhesive. It is ideal for permanent, simple overlap splices on uncoated papers. The firm adhesive resists oozing and/or bleed through yet offers high shear strength.
The firm adhesive resists oozing and/or bleed through, yet offers high shear strength
Our high tack 3M™ Repulpable Double Coated Splicing Tape 405 holds firmly to create a permanent, simple overlap splice on uncoated papers. This tape can withstand drying temperatures up to 400°F to help prevent splice failure and reduce down time.
Prevents Broke Contamination from Non-Repulpable Material
- Overlap splices in cellulosic materials
- High temperature overlap splicing of many foils, plastic films, papers
- Used in paper mills and paper converters
- General web handling
Repulpable tape means there is no need to remove splice from waste. The tape's water dispersability eliminates the danger of contaminating the paper mill broke with non-repulpable material. It meets or exceeds TAPPI UM-213, procedure A, so it helps to save labor costs and increase the value of waste paper. The red, removable liner is not repulpable.
Keep the Presses Running and your Customers Coming Back
For decades, our products have been at work in paper mills and printing plants helping to improve the quality of the work that goes out and the efficiency of how it gets done. From paper web splicing to plate mounting and packaging the finished job, you can rely on us for solutions and service throughout your operation.