- Conformable backing is ideal for use on curved and irregular surfaces
- Rubber adhesive provides excellent holding strength on many surfaces
- Excellent abrasion, moisture, alkali and acid resistance
- Resists most common solvents and works at temperatures up to 170°F/76°C
- Available in a selection of vibrant colors for color coding, marking and identifying
Our 3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 4731 offers a conformable vinyl backing with a versatile rubber adhesive and is available in a variety of colors to accommodate your coding, marking and identifying needs. This vinyl backing is abrasion and chemical resistant with a rubber adhesive that bonds quickly and securely to many surfaces.
Available in a selection of vibrant colors for color coding, marking and identifying
Electroplating and General Purpose Applications
3M™ General Purpose Vinyl Tape 4731 is designed for electroplating, color coding, bundling and safety marking. This tape is constructed of a flexible vinyl backing that conforms to irregular or curved surfaces. It is resistant to most common solvents and has good resistance to chemicals used in electroplating and anodizing. This tape will withstand operating temperatures of up to 170°F/76°C. When you're finished, the tape removes cleanly from most surfaces.
Compare More 3M Single Coated Tapes
(PDF, 3.19 Mb)
- Color coding, marking and identifying
- Masking during electroplating and anodizing
- Sealing and protecting