- Ideal for securing polyethylene film to brick and cinder block walls
- 11 mil double sided cloth tape with high adhesion for bonding to irregular surfaces
- Woven cloth carrier material adds dimensional stability
- Offers excellent quick stick and peel properties
- Features aggressive 4 mil rubber adhesive, excellent for splicing
- 55# glassine release liner provides moisture resistance during storage
3M™ Double Sided Cloth Tape 97056 is a tightly woven cotton/polyester blend fabric coated on both sides with a premium grade, aggressive rubber based pressure sensitive adhesive. This tape offers good adhesion to rough and textured surfaces.
Woven cloth carrier material adds dimensional stability
Ideal for Securing Polyethylene Film to Brick and Cinder Block Walls
The flexibility and thickness of our 3M™ Double Sided Cloth Tape 97056 help enhance its sealing ability to rough and textured surfaces. Commonly used to install and hold down carpeting, it can also be used in securing polyethylene film to brick and cinder block walls and for splicing polysheeting during fabrication of pressurized environments. This high performance tape exhibits very good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, including rough and textured surfaces.
What is Double Coated Tape?
- Installing and holding down carpeting
- Securing polyethylene film to brick and cinder block walls
- Splicing polysheeting during fabrication of pressurized environments
- Adheres to irregular surfaces like brick and concrete block
- Can be used as a thick aggressive splicing tape
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that is removed at the time of application. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in electronics, automotive, aerospace, general industrial, and fabrication markets.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.