- Very thin alternative to glues for challenging surfaces
- High tack acrylic adhesive delivers excellent adhesion to many plastics and foams
- .5 mil clear polyester (PET) film carrier adds dimensional stability and improved handling
- Adhesive on both sides supplies high initial adhesion and high tack
- 74# polycoated kraft liner helps protect against moisture during storage
3M™ Double Coated Tape 97016 features a thin .5 mil polyester carrier and a high tack acrylic adhesive that bonds to many plastics and foams as well as metal. This tape has 1.5 mils of adhesive on both sides of the carrier, ideal for a consistent bond. A 74# PCK liner adds moisture resistance and dimensional stability.
3M™ Double Sided Tapes have more dimensional stability than adhesive transfer tapes
Aggressive, Balanced Adhesion
A thin alternative to glue, screws and rivets, 3M™ Double Coated Tape 97016 can be used for foam and gasket attachment, as well as bonding metals and plastics in general industrial applications. The high tack acrylic adhesive bonds to polyester, urethane, polyethylene, polystyrene and vinyl foams. A clear .5 mil polyester film carrier between adhesive layers adds dimensional stability to foams and other substrates and provides easier handling during slitting and die-cutting. The 74# polycoated kraft paper liner improves handling and protects against humidity during storage.
What are Double Coated Tapes?
- General purpose foam and gasket lamination
- General purpose lamination for fabricated parts
- Metals, plastics and irregular surfaces
In general, double coated tape
is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that is removed at the time of application. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in electronics, automotive, aerospace, general industrial, and fabrication markets.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.