- A double sided tape with a different adhesive on each side
- Faceside adhesive offers excellent peel adhesion and shear strength to foam such as EVA, microcellular urethane and cross-linked PE
- Backside adhesive offers good adhesion to low surface energy plastics such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP)
- PET carrier provides dimensional stability during lamination
- Tan 83 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner offers die cutting and converting process capability
3M™ Double Coated Differential Adhesive Tape L2+DCD is a 6.7-mil double coated tape that provides excellent adhesion to multiple substrates. The faceside adhesive bonds to many open and closed foam surfaces while the backside adhesive provides excellent adhesion to low surface energy materials.
Double Sided Tapes Provide Solutions for Many Bonding Applications
- Foam Lamination
- Bonding of dissimilar surfaces
In general, double sided (often referred to as double coated) adhesive tape is composed of a film or nonwoven tissue carrier coated on both sides with a pressure sensitive adhesive. These adhesive tapes can be applied by hand or with a wide web laminator.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Click here for more information on 3M Design Solutions.
(PDF, 44.94 Mb)