- Double linered, 58# PCK on the acrylic side; 2 mil polyester on the silicone adhesive side
- Holds with high shear and good peel strength
- Delivers initial tack and adhesion
- Adheres without priming on silicone rubbers, foams and polypropylene
- Provides dimensional stability and improved handling for ease of die-cutting and lamination
3M™ Differential Double Coated Silicone Tape 9699 features a firm, silicone pressure sensitive adhesive coated on one side of a polyester film (PET) carrier and a high performance acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive coated on the other side.
- Silicone gasket bonding
- Attaching silicone rubber to other substrates
- Reducing / eliminating buzzes, squeaks and rattles
- General purpose silicone foam attachment
- Bonding dissimilar materials
- Bonding to silicone foam and silicone rubber keypad placement
Adheres without Priming on Silicone Rubbers, Foams, Polypropylene and More
||20 minute dwell
||72 hour dwell
||72 hour dwell
|9699 Silicone Adhesive
10 N/25 mm
11 N/25 mm
14 N/25 mm
3M™ Differential Double Coated Silicone Tape 9699 offers a unique solution for wide web lamination of silicone materials (e.g. foams, rubber, films, etc.) to many other surfaces, including low surface energy materials. Adheres without priming on contact to hard-to-bond surfaces such as silicone rubbers and foams; polypropylene, polyethylene, other low surface energy materials and more. It is most commonly used for silicone foam and silicone rubber keypad placement.
The bond strength of 3M™ Differential Double Coated Silicone Tape 9699 increases as a function of both time and temperature. When properly applied, this tape withstands the effects of UV exposure and numerous chemicals, including oil, mild acids and alkalis. It is heat resistant for short periods (minutes, hours) at temperatures up to 350™F (177™C) and for intermittent longer periods (days, weeks) up to 250™F (121™C).
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division
, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Find and Compare more 3M Tapes
(PDF, 12.28 Mb)