- Aggressive rubber adhesive delivers excellent adhesion to many plastics and foams
- 0.5 mil clear polyester (PET) film carrier adds dimensional stability and improved handling
- Adhesive on both sides supplies high initial adhesion and high tack to most substrates
- 74# polycoated kraft liner helps protect against moisture during storage
3M™ Double Coated Tape 97015 features a thin 0.5 mil polyester carrier and an aggressive, high tack rubber adhesive that bonds to many plastics and foams as well as metal. It has 2.5 mils of adhesive on the face side and 3.5 mils on the liner side, and is ideal for bonding to irregular surfaces. A 74# PCK liner adds moisture resistance and dimensional stability.
- General purpose foam and gasket lamination
- General purpose lamination for fabricated parts
- Metals, plastics and irregular surfaces
Double Coated Tapes feature a paper, film or tissue carrier with pressure sensitive adhesive on both sides
What are Double Coated Tapes?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied manually or automatically. Applications for double coated tape are found in construction, transportation, medical and general industrial markets. | Learn More
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division
, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.