- Medium tack double coated tape for roll-to-roll splicing, core starting and roll closing
- Excellent peel and shear strength to withstand rigorous splicing applications
- Bonds well to most substrates, including low surface energy plastics
- Excellent UV and heat resistance
- Conformable to irregular surfaces
- Double sided adhesion increases dimensional stability for easy handling
- Red tape with a kraft paper liner
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9576R is a medium tack double coated tape for general splicing and roll closing applications. This tape offers ultra-high peel strength and excellent shear strength for durability. It’s conformable to irregular surfaces and offers excellent UV and heat resistance.
Provides Reliable Performance
- Web splicing (PDF, 339.2 Kb)
- Core starting
- General purpose bonding
The medium-firm pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive system features an excellent balance of good initial adhesion (quick stick) and good shear holding power. The formulation gives a consistently strong bond across a range of temperatures, up to 165°F (75°C). A thin, tough, polypropylene carrier between the adhesive layers improves the handling and strength of the tape. By using a robust 60 lb. densified kraft paper release liner, this tape provides reliable performance for industrial applications, such as die-cutting and automated dispensers.
Understanding Double Coated Tape
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in construction, fabrication, arts and hobby industries, among others.
Read the Masking and Surface Protection Guide
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)
Web Processing Catalog
(PDF, 3.17 Mb)