- Creates high-gloss authentic woodgrain appearance for interior automotive trim parts
- Color-customizable for a range of finishes
- Film can be formulated with light surface relief for a genuine woodgrain “feel”
- Excellent elongating properties – film wraps around components for additional protection
- Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT) application helps ensure consistency across complex shapes
- Versatile color and gloss tuning for a variety of design objectives
- Easily change trim levels to meet regional needs
- Enables easy tuning of color and gloss for a wide variety of colors
- Textures and colors can be combined to create a wide variety of finishes
- Custom finishes are developed jointly between 3M and OEM design for specific models
3M™ Interior Trim Film - High Gloss Woodgrain Series is designed to create the appearance of real wood on interior automotive trim and components. A 300% elongation property delivers maximum coverage and protection to components and parting lines. DVT application helps retain design appearance and texture during the process. Color-customizable film can be relief textured for authentic wood feel.
3M films help create an impactful inside-the-vehicle brand image
A High-Gloss Woodgrain Film Created for Your Particular OEM Models
3M™ Interior Trim Film - High Gloss Woodgrain Series is a versatile and efficient method for creating the look and feel of real woodgrain on interior automotive parts. 3M achieves this authenticity through a combination of customizable colors and an available light relief surface texture— nearly as close as you can get to real wood components, without the added weight and expense. In most cases, it is supplied in custom finishes developed jointly between 3M and the individual OEM design studio. Automotive OEM designers can specify films with custom-tuned gloss and color to meet precise design specifications, and to help meet design objectives.
This interior automotive film features excellent tensile strength and deep draw capabilities with an elongation property of 300% at forming temperatures. This makes it suitable for stretching tightly around components for conformability, coverage and protection even across parting lines. The film is applied using Dual Vacuum Thermoforming (DVT), which makes for consistent, precisely conformed texture even across complex geometries.
About Our Interior Trim Films
3M™ Interior Trim Films are part of a global portfolio of engineered solutions for automotive manufacturers, including research and development, application engineering, and manufacturing support. These films help create an impactful inside-the-vehicle brand image, from luxurious to sporty, through a wide range of colors, patterns and textures. Like all products from the 3M Automotive OEM Division, these interior trim films — including the High Gloss Woodgrain Series — simplify manufacturing, streamline and sharpen design effectiveness, and meet or exceed OEM specifications.