- Excellent for hand-cut and die-cut operations
- “Butter cut” construction is designed for easy cutting with clean, visible cut lines
- Excellent blast resistance – withstands heavy blasting to create crisper, deeper images
- Advanced rubber backing is formulated to prevent stretching and design distortion
- Versatile rubber adhesive is excellent for a variety of surfaces yet still removes cleanly
- Green polyethylene liner adds dimensional stability for die cutting
- Used in a variety of application methods including hand-cut, die-cut, flatbed and friction fed
3M™ Sandblast Stencil - Hand Cut Splice Free 507 is a general-purpose sandblast stencil for hand-cut and die-cut operations. The green rubber backing offers a smooth “butter cut” for efficient cutting and clean cut lines. Rubber adhesive delivers a reliable bond to most surfaces and removes cleanly.
Uniform stencil thickness and quality hole punch allow smooth and productive design cutting
Excellent for hand-cut and die-cut operations
Features Butter Cut Backing
3M™ Sandblast Stencil - Hand Cut Splice Free 507
(PDF, 10.12 Kb) is a green, rubber-backed sandblast stencil with a rubber-based adhesive and green polyethylene,film high release liner that ensures ease of use, processing and application. Ideal for die-cutting and hand-cut stenciling. Its rubber tape backing gives it a "butter cut" — smooth, efficient and accurate cutting with clean and visible cut lines. This backing also helps prevent stretching and design distortion, and offers easy alignment and blast-through. Our sandblast stencil products have the rubber backing thickness necessary to withstand the heavy blasting used to create crisp, deep images in granite, marble and other stone surfaces. The versatile rubber adhesive is excellent for a variety of surfaces yet still removes cleanly from a variety of surfaces in one piece for faster, easier cleanup. 3M™ Sandblast Stencil - Hand Cut Splice Free 507 is mounted on a green polyethylene high release liner for excellent die-cutting capabilities. This product is used in a variety of application methods including hand-cut, die-cut, flatbed and friction fed.
Helpful Tips for Sandblasting Success
- Excellent for hand-cut stenciling
- Marble, granite and most stone surfaces
- Single-process and straight blasting
- Two-process shape carving
- Gasketing, cushioning and other applications where heavy, uniform caliper is desired
The stone surface should be clean, dry and at a room temperature of 50° to 85°F (10° to 29°C) before applying the filler. Brush the well mixed filler evenly onto the stone surface. Let dry in a well-ventilated area until the "gloss" on the surface has disappeared. Then apply the stencil according to directions. After blasting, remove the stencil as soon as possible. If any cleanup is necessary, use stencil scraps or masking tape to pull leftover filler from the stone. Use 3M™ Sandblast Filler #2 to help increase adhesion and to hold the stencil to polished stone surfaces. Use 3M™ Sandblast Filler #3 for rough and irregular surfaces.
Smart Solutions through Science and Innovation
The 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division is changing the way companies around the world mask, protect, splice, color code and stop moisture. These technologies help customers deliver competitive products to the market with speed and efficiency. The 3M™ Sandblast Stencil - Hand-Cut Splice Free 507 is just one example of how 3M is bringing better ideas to the surface through science and innovation.