- Small area hand sanding saves time and money
- A complete selection of film-backed abrasives, plus hand tools and pads that fit effortlessly between your fingertips
- Minimizes defect repair area – no need to sand most or all of a freshly-painted panel
- Reduces compounding and polishing, saving money and cleanup time
- Coated aluminum oxide mineral abrasive is optimized for small sanding areas
- Stikit™ attachment makes switching among abrasives and hand tools fast and easy
The 3M™ Paint Defect Removal Hand Sanding System Kit introduces technicians to small area repair: precision paint finish repairs, in less time and at lower cost. The kit represents our full system of small, film-backed abrasive sheets and cards, hand tools and backing pads for sanding out dirt nibs and other defects cost-effectively, one by one. Reorder components individually for maximum value.
3M™ Paint Defect Removal Hand System requires less compounding and polishing
Abrasives and Hand Sanding Tools for Any Defect Removal Job
This kit features every product in our Paint Defect Removal Hand Sanding System. Film-backed Abrasive Circle Sheets, Abrasive Rectangle Sheets and Abrasive Cards are included in each of five grades ranging from P1000 to P3000. These abrasives snap securely onto any handheld tool or backing pad, including a Cylinder, a Block, a Foam Pad and a Rubber Pad designed specifically for precision hand sanding on flat or contoured surfaces. Rectangular Abrasive Cards are slightly larger for areas with larger or multiple defects. Each kit includes a flexible version of the card for sanding contours. The Cylinder and the Block are firm and stiff, great for cutting out just the nib without sanding the area around it. With just a small amount of compound and polish, you can re-create smooth, high gloss finishes that match OEM in much less time and at much less expense.
Tough Abrasive, Smooth Results
The film-backed abrasive sheets and cards in our Paint Defect Removal Hand Sanding System Kit feature our fast-cutting, long-lasting aluminum oxide mineral abrasive. Aluminum oxide is popular among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges during use, whereas traditional natural abrasives dull more quickly. This coated abrasive is optimized for sanding small areas.
Our Stikit™ Attachment System
The abrasives in this kit come ready to use with a pressure-sensitive adhesive coating on the backs — simply press them onto the hand tool or pad, and you're ready to go. They remove just as cleanly, leaving an uncontaminated surface for the next abrasive. This makes it fast and easy to use, switch and reuse multiple abrasive shapes and grades on any of the handheld tools and pads in the kit, saving time, boosting productivity and helping you get the most out of each abrasive.
Increased Sanding Capabilities at Maximum Value
Along with everything you need for effectively repairing small paint defects, the kit includes a reorder form that lets you order quantities of each component in our Paint Defect Removal Hand Sanding System. This allows you the flexibility to restock only the product you use the most, maximizing value while still keeping the full range of small area repair capabilities at your fingertips.
The complete 3M™ Paint Defect Removal Hand Sanding System Kit includes:
The Science of Better Paint Finishing from 3M
- Grade 1000 — 18 Abrasive Circle Sheets, 18 Abrasive Rectangle Sheets, 3 Abrasive Cards
- Grade 1500 — 18 Abrasive Circle Sheets, 18 Abrasive Rectangle Sheets, 3 Abrasive Cards
- Grade 2000 — 18 Abrasive Circle Sheets, 18 Abrasive Rectangle Sheets, 3 Abrasive Cards
- Grade 2500 — 18 Abrasive Circle Sheets, 18 Abrasive Rectangle Sheets, 3 Abrasive Cards
- Grade 3000 — 18 Abrasive Circle Sheets, 18 Abrasive Rectangle Sheets, 3 Abrasive Cards
- Hand Sanding Cylinder
- Hand Sanding Block
- Hand Sanding Foam Pad
- Hand Sanding Rubber Pad
- 3M Mini-Random Orbital Sander (optional)
- 3M Elite Series Mini Orbital Sander (optional)
With its small, advanced abrasives and hand tools, our Paint Defect Removal Hand Sanding System Kit is an easy, cost-effective way to bring the big benefits of small area repair to your collision repair operation. It's another way that 3M applies science to the lives of auto repair technicians, consistently improving your efficiency, throughput and value as you prepare painted surfaces.
Learn more about 3M Automotive Aftermarket products
(PDF, 68.63 Mb)