- Trial bag version (1 in. x 10 ft.) of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3551 and 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3552
- Great for small jobs, prototyping and design evaluation
- Black, interlocking mushroom-shaped heads provide strong, reliable and durable fastening that can be opened and closed multiple times
- White, acrylic, conformable foam tape bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals and plastics such as acrylics, polycarbonate and ABS
- Strong fastener secures with an audible snap, verifying closure
- An alternative to screws and bolts, this hidden fastener provides a snug fit and smooth aesthetic appearance
- Features good temperature resistance of 200°F (93°C)
- Best suited for indoor and outdoor use
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener TB3551/TB3552 is the convenient alternative to traditional fastening methods, such as screws, nuts or bolts. It is designed to deliver a durable, reclosable fastening solution (which can be opened and closed multiple times) that bonds to a variety of substrates including metals and plastics such as acrylics, polycarbonate and ABS.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are available in three stem densities to customize for the strength requirements of your project
Durable and secure, 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener TB3551/TB3552 has exceptional strength through its interlocking mushroom-shaped heads, providing up to 5X the tensile strength of typical hook-and-loop products. This trial bag contains Type 400 and Type 170 stem densities, which can both mate to Type 250. We designed this fastener with a white, acrylic, conformable foam tape protected by a removable, film liner. This solid pressure sensitive foam tape features a strong, durable bond that is heat, chemical and UV resistant. With 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener TB3551/TB3552, there is no need for any drilling, screwing or sewing tools which makes for quick installation.
- Access panels
- Graphic attachment
- Specialty vehicles (interior attachments)
- General industrial attachment
- Small components
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener TB3551/TB3552 consists of interlocking mushroom-shaped heads that easily slide over each other, allowing for positioning of parts before being snapped together. This fastening process creates a durable attachment and provides fast product assembly with great design flexibility. Our reclosable fasteners can also engage with different stem densities for varying levels of strength and system performance.
3M Trial Bags Simplify Selection
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener Trial Bags provide a simplified "go-to" selection that has proven successful for most common applications, along with just the right length (1 in. x 10 ft.) and quantity for trial run testing.
Hundreds of Reattachments in a Snap
When two pieces of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners mate, the stems flex and the mushroom heads slide past each other. After passing the opposing mating piece, the stems snap back into their original position and the opposing mushroom heads interlock. These fasteners can provide high tensile strength but can be opened by simply cleaving or peeling open the closure. This product is well suited for many indoor and outdoor applications where a high strength and versatile reclosable fastening system is required.
Delivers Long-Lasting Performance
Not all design requirements are easily satisfied, but you can simplify your attachments. When you need a strong, reliable, yet removable closure, 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are the easy alternative to traditional fastening methods such as screws, nuts or bolts.