- Fast-curing adhesive delivers tough, relatively flexible bonds quickly
- Designed for vertical and other applications that require no slumping or sagging of the adhesive bead
- Low-temperature flexibility
- Relatively flexible adhesive that is capable of bonding dissimilar substrates
- Tested to UL-94HB horizontal burn
- Non-Newtonian: (Chemical reaction two-parts)
- Off-white color
- Meets low halogen electro technical commission (IEC-61249-2-21)
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive DP605NS is an off-white, non-sag, two-component polyurethane adhesive. Rapid-setting, this urethane adhesive offers a fast, relatively flexible solution that can be used for bonding dissimilar substrates, such as concrete, ceramic, wood, plastic, rubber and metal.
5 Minute Work Life Allows for Positioning and Adjustment of Substrates
- Bonding wood or metal door sills to concrete
- Bonding wood, metal or composite door frames to wood or other surfaces
- Bonding wood paneling to wood or plaster
- Staking electronic components
- Covering material against corrosion
- Sealing fabric water hoses
- Encapsulating for tamper proofing
The mix ratio is 1:1 for quick, precise dispensing, and with a 5-minute working time there's some opportunity for repositioning to keep projects on track. The adhesive reaches handling strength in approximately 20-minutes and is fully cured in 48-hours (at 72°F/22°C). This product is available in bulk and Duo-Pak cartridges.
Understanding Urethane Adhesives
Two part urethane adhesives
(PDF, 1.36 Mb) cure chemically, rather than relying on moisture from the air. Because of this, they can cure quickly with no depth of cure issues in contrast to one-part urethane adhesive sealants. Urethane adhesives will bond most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more.
The versatility of urethane adhesives is exhibited in the different formulations that have varying cured properties such as different levels of stiffness or flexibility, open time and cure speed, and hardness. They can cure to a relatively rigid or highly flexible state to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
Click here for more information on 3M Structural Adhesives.
(PDF, 15 Mb)