- Strong adhesive is ideal for flying splices on coated papers
- Kraft paper liner adds roll stability and is suitable for die-cutting
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive adheres on "hard-to-stick” coatings on web printing equipment
- Excellent UV resistance for added durability in outdoor conditions
- Adhesive formula bonds to vinyl, rubber, coated fabric and polyethylene
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 8056 is a 5.0 mil specialty tape with a tan 60 lb. densified kraft paper liner. It has an aggressive acrylic adhesive that sticks well on hard-to-stick to substrates. These attributes make this tape a great medium for making zero speed and flying splices in offset printing and other processes.
An Aggressive Adhesive
- Flying splices on coated papers
- Flying splices on chemically saturated non-woven fabric
- Zero speed splices on chemically saturated low density foam
- Flying splices on vinyl and rubber coated fabric
- Flying splices on polyethylene
8056 has an aggressive acrylic adhesive that’s ideal for making many zero speed and flying splices. It can be used on many substrates that are difficult to splice. Here’s how it works: The acrylic formula delivers a balance between high initial tack, strong shear strength and high moisture and chemical resistance – resulting in consistent holding power over a range of temperatures for consistent splicing. The robust kraft paper liner peels away quickly, cleanly and adds roll stability, die cutting and automated dispenser compatibility.
Learn more about 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes
(PDF, 4.65 Mb)
What is Adhesive Transfer Tape?
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Learn about 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tapes