- A high performance tape for primerless bonding to LSE and MSE substrates and paints
- Reduces or eliminates labor and equipment expenses related to primer
- Features the same adhesive on both the liner side and non-liner side of the tape
- Delivers robust initial tack and very high final tack
- Dark gray acrylic foam core provides excellent wet-out and conformability
- Liner is silicone-coated on both sides to enable easy release
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape PX5011 is designed for attaching exterior automotive trim to painted surfaces, without the time and expense of adhesion promoters. The 1.1 mm double-coated tape features the same adhesive on both sides for primerless application to LSE and MSE substrates and paints. Acrylic foam core is designed for robust performance even to complex contours and difficult paint surfaces.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M™
- Attaching window visors, pillar garnishes, nested components
- Sensor bonding
- Small side body moldings (PP)
- Claddings, body side moldings, rocker panels, running boards, wheel flares (TPO)
- ABS nameplates
- Chrome nameplate applications
Since 1925 when one of our lab assistants invented masking tape, 3M has been applying science to life — developing adhesive products and technologies that help entire industries and individual businesses worldwide. The work that began with a single 3M engineer now spans decades and generations — and all of it goes into each of our products developed for automotive OEM, like 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape PX5011.