- All-purpose disc well-suited for light-duty blending, finishing and polishing on stainless steel and heat-sensitive metals
- Resists loading on softer metals like aluminum
- Grinding aid enhances cut and reduces workpiece discoloration on heat-sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, saving time on subsequent finishing steps
- Strong, X-weight cloth backing stands up to edges and extrusions
- Easy attachment and removal to holder pad, minimizing hassle and steps
- Aluminum oxide mineral provides fast cut rate and multi-purpose versatility
- Specially-formulated pressure-sensitive adhesive leaves less adhesive residue on holder pad
Designed for light-duty blending, finishing and polishing on stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys, our Standard Abrasives™ PSA Aluminum Oxide Extra Disc incorporates a grinding aid and is adhered to a durable X-weight cloth backing.
Good for difficult to grind metals such as aircraft grade Aluminum, High Nickel, Chrome Alloys, and heat sensitive metal
Great for Light-Duty Blending, Finishing and Polishing
The grinding aid on our Standard Abrasives™ PSA Aluminum Oxide Extra Disc enhances cut on heat-sensitive metals and exotic alloys, reduces disc wear and helps prevent part discoloration.
The durable X-weight cloth backing enhances the support the abrasive receives from the holder pad. This durability is what makes our PSA Aluminum Oxide Extra Disc a great match for light-duty blending, finishing and polishing on edges, extrusions and contours it tends not to deflect on these irregular surfaces.
While less aggressive than silicon carbide, aluminum oxide tends to last longer. Moreover, the mineral delivers a soft scratch pattern that is often desirable for finishing and polishing. Aluminum oxide is a versatile mineral that can be used on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive for Easy Holder Pad Attachment
Our Standard Abrasives™ PSA Aluminum Oxide Extra Disc features a specially-formulated pressure-sensitive adhesive coating on the back of the disc. Users can easily swap out discs by simply sticking them to a PSA holder pad and swiftly removing them. The special adhesive mixture leaves less residue, so operators don't have to worry about cleanup or mess. Additionally, it's pressure-sensitive, which means you just have to apply a little pressure in order for it to stick.
The holder pads for PSA abrasive discs are lightweight, flex-tested pads that reduce operator fatigue and wear on air tools, providing fast and smooth handling at high-rated RPMs. PSA discs are thin and flat, so they adhere well to the holder pad. Little space between the disc and holder pad enhances abrasive strength, directly transmitting operator pressure to the workpiece surface.
Quality Standard Abrasives™ Solutions for Industrial Applications
Our Standard Abrasives™ PSA Aluminum Oxide Extra Disc is a great disc for finishing and polishing, especially when operators desire a process without fuss or mess. It is available in a range of grades and sizes, so users can choose a disc that is tailored to meet their unique project needs.