- Confirmed E. coli results in 24-48 hours.
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating the time-consuming, cumbersome step of preparing media/agar dishes.
- Can be used with the 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plate Reader for consistent, fast, automated reading and recording of results.
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis OMA #991.14.for Food OMA # 998.08 for Poultry, Meat and Sea Food
- Food processors and Contract labs worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results.
3M™ Petrifilm™ E. coli/Coliform Count Plates provide a cost-effective, convenient and reliable method for testing equipment, raw materials, food products and manufacturing environmental samples.
- 1) Inoculate - 3M Petrifilm E. coli/Coliform Count Plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
- 2) Incubate - The space saving design minimizes incubator space requirements.
- 3) Interpret** - Count the colonies. Confirmed coliforms are red or blue colonies with associated gas bubbles. Confirmed E. coli are blue colonies with associated gas bubbles. Results are fast and accurate.
- *Refer to instructions for use for additional information, and more details on validations.
- ** OMA #991.14
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M Petrifilm Plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M Petrifilm Plates. That’s because 3M Petrifilm Plates have streamlined, standardized and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.