Thank you for requesting a product evaluation. Someone from our team will contact you soon!
An error has occurred while submitting. Please try again later.
Help your patients return to their lives after surgery by optimizing post-operative healing. 3M’s innovative incision and wound management solutions can help in reducing the risk of complications, including surgical site infections (SSI).⁴-¹² Reducing the length of hospital stay can help lower total cost of care.¹
Non-healing wounds, left untreated and unmanaged, can result in significant medical issues including infection.²
Infected wounds lead to higher costs and longer hospital stays.¹,²
Patients with an SSI are 5x more likely to be readmitted within 30 days than those without an SSI.³
An error has occurred while submitting. Please try again later...
Your form was submitted successfully
Prevena Therapy is the only device indicated to reduce superficial surgical site infection in patients at high risk for post-operative infections.*
*The effectiveness of Prevena Therapy in reducing the incidence of SSIs and seroma in all surgical procedures and populations has not been demonstrated. See full indications for use and limitations at Prevena.com.
Open abdomen negative pressure therapy provides an active temporary abdominal closure designed to remove fluids from the abdominal cavity and draw wound edges together.
Your form was submitted successfully!
An error has occurred while submitting. Please try again.
1. Anderson, D., et al. Strategies to Prevent Surgical Site Infections in Acute Care Hospitals: 2014 Update. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2014; 5(6), 605-627. doi:1. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/676022 doi:1
2. Alliance of Wound Care Stakeholders highlight importance of wound care amid COVID-19 pandemic. iWounds News. https://iwoundsnews.com/alliance-of-wound-care-stakeholders-wound-care-covid-19 Published 2021. Accessed March 2, 2021.
3. Canadian Surgical Site Infection Prevention Audit Month Report 2016. Patient Safety Institute. http://www.patientsafetyinstitute.ca/en/toolsResources/Pages/SSI-Audit-Recap-Report-2016-12.aspx%20 Published 2016. Accessed March 2, 2021
4. Ferrando PM, Ala A, Bussone R, Bergamasco L, Actis Perinetti F, Malan F. Closed incision negative pressure therapy in oncological breast surgery: comparison with standard care dressings. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2018 Jun 15;6(6):e1732. doi:10.1097/GOX000000000000173
5. Pleger SP, Nink N, Elzien M, Kunold A, Koshty A, Boning A. Reduction of groin wound complications in vascular surgery patients using closed incision negative pressure therapy (ciNPT): a prospective, randomized, single-institution study. Int Wound J. 2018;15(1):75-83.
6. Cooper HJ, Bas MA. Closed-incision negative-pressure therapy versus antimicrobial dressings after revision hip and knee surgery: a comparative study. J Arthroplasty. 2016 May;31(5):1047-1052. doi:10.1016/j.arth.2015.11.010
7. Redfern RE, Cameron-Ruetz C, O’Drobinak SK, Chen JT, Beer KJ. Closed incision negative pressure therapy effects on postoperative infection and surgical site complication after total hip and knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017;32:3333-3339. doi:10.1016/j.arth.2017.06.019
8. Newman JM, Siqueira MBP, Klika AK, Molloy RM, Barsoum WK, Higuera CA. Use of closed incisional negative pressure wound therapy after revision total hip and knee arthroplasty in patients at high risk for infection: a prospective, randomized clinical trial. J Arthroplasty. 2019 Mar;34(3):554-559e1. doi:10.1016/j.arth.2018
9. Stannard JP, Volgas DA, McGwin G 3rd, et al. Incisional negative pressure wound therapy after high-risk lower extremity fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2012;26(1):37‐42. doi:10.1097/BOT.0b013e318216b1e5.
10. Grauhan O, Navasardyan A, Hofmann M, et al. Prevention of poststernotomy wound infections in obese patients by negative pressure wound therapy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013;145:1387-1392.
11. Gabriel A, Sigalove S, Sigalove N, et al. The impact of closed incision negative pressure therapy on postoperative breast reconstruction outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2018 Aug; 6(8): e1880.doi:10.1097/GOX.0000000000001880
12. Kwon J, Staley C, McCullough M, Goss S, Arosemena M, Abai B, Salvatore D, Reiter D, DiMuzio P. A randomized clinical trial evaluating negative pressure therapy to decrease vascular groin incision complications. J Vasc Surg. 2018 Dec;68(6):1744-1752. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2018.05.224. Epub 2018 Aug 17. PMID: 30126781.
13. Gabriel A, et al, Effects of Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy with Instillation versus Standard of Care in Multiple Wound Types: Systematic Literature Review and Meta-Analysis, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 2021 Jan 1;147(1S-1):68S-76S.
14. 3M data on file. EM-05-014684
15. 3M data on file. EM-05-000138
16. 3M data on file. EM-05-000003
3M™ Prevena™ Therapy Indications for Use:
3M™ Prevena™ 125 Therapy Unit and 3M™ Prevena™ Plus 125 Therapy Unit manage the environment of closed surgical incisions and remove fluid away from the surgical incision via the application of -125mmHg continuous negative pressure. When used with legally marketed compatible dressings, Prevena 125 and Prevena Plus 125 Therapy Units are intended to aid in reducing the incidence of seroma and, in patients at high risk for post-operative infections, aid in reducing the incidence of superficial surgical site infection in Class I and Class II wounds.*
NOTE: Applicable therapy units include Prevena 125 and Prevena Plus 125 Therapy Unit 7 day. The indication statement does not apply to the Prevena Plus 125 Therapy Unit (14-Day) that comes with the Prevena Restor System Kits (see Prevena Restor System indications for use).
3M™ Prevena™ Restor™ Therapy Indications for Use:
The 3M™ Prevena Restor™ Incision Management System is intended to manage the environment of surgical incisions that continue to drain following sutured or stapled closure by maintaining a closed environment and removing exudate via the application of negative pressure wound therapy.
NOTE: Specific indications, limitations, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and safety information exist for these products and therapies, some of which may be Rx only. Please consult a clinician and product instructions for use prior to application.
© 2021 3M. All rights reserved. 3M and the other marks shown are marks and/or registered marks. Unauthorized use prohibited. PRA-PM-US-003194 (05/21)