An error has occurred while submitting. Please try again later...
Your form was submitted successfully
chlorhexidine gluconate (2% w/v) and isopropyl alcohol (70% v/v) Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation
Providing rapid, broad-spectrum antimicrobial persistence for at least 96 hours, the 3M™ SoluPrep™ S Sterile Antiseptic Solution is a skin prep with the efficacy you can depend on. It has the same active ingredients as the leading competitor, plus the added benefits you need to help protect your patients.¹
When used with an incise drape, SoluPrep S Skin Antiseptic Solution can enhance drape adhesion to the skin to help ensure it adheres throughout the surgical procedure. Reducing incise drape lift can prevent bacteria from migrating into the surgical wound.
The Brite Green tint is added for visibility of the prepped area to ensure the surgical site has been prepped completely. It is designed to be visible on a variety of skin tones.
SoluPrep S Sterile Antiseptic Solution 26 mL applicator has 60% more coverage area compared to the leading CHG and alcohol surgical prep with the same size applicator.†³
Activating the applicator is easy and quick. The foam sponge controls the flow of solution during application to minimize drip.
3M™ SoluPrep™ S Sterile Antiseptic Solution is a sterile CHG surgical skin prep designed to prepare a patient’s skin prior to surgery to rapidly and safely help reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infection.
1. 3M Data on File. EM-05-013953, EM-05-014624.
2. Olson L, Morse D, Paulson J, Bernatchez S. Evaluation of Incise Drape Lift Using 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate/ 70% Isopropyl Alcohol Preoperative Skin Preparations in a Human Volunteer Knee Model. 2022;15:24-28.
3. 3M Data on File. EM-05-014815.
4. 3M Data on File. TECH-REPORT-05-943704, EM-014753, EM-05-014733.
5. 3M Data on File. SV-HEAT-05-764865.
6. 3M Data on File. SV-EO-05-679401.
7. 3M Data on File. EM-05-012700, EM-05-014624.
8. 3M Data on File. DC-VER-05-726184, TECH-REPORT-05-742505, TECH‑REPORT-05-757564.
†Compared to skin prepped with ChloraPrep® with 3M™ Ioban™ 2 Antimicrobial Incise Drapes in a simulated knee surgery model, 2019.