- Suitable for removing imperfections, gates, risers, and parting lines on ferrous or exotic metals such as super alloys, high-strength stainless steel and cobalt
- Premium zirconia alumina grain provides durability and faster, more aggressive cutting action than aluminum oxide
- Stiff, 30 mil fiber backing supports stock removal and medium to high-pressure weld leveling
- Heavy backing and resin bond provide superior grain support for prolonged operations
- 7/8˝ center hole disc mounts to a right angle grinder
Standard Abrasives™ Zirconia Resin Fiber Disc works well for weld blending, grinding, deburring, and finishing applications on most metals, including stainless steel and aluminum. It achieves a fast, sharp cut and provides tough durability for medium pressure applications on larger areas of the workpiece. The stiff fiber backing and heat-resistant bond enables extended use under pressure.
Standard Abrasives™ Resin Fiber Discs resist loading and have a high cut rate
Using a Fiber Disc
Fiber discs are heavy-duty discs ideal for weld removal, grinding, and blending large and small areas of metal surfaces. They feature a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanized fiber that resists wear and can handle tough grinding applications. Fiber discs with a 7/8" center hole are mounted onto a right angle sander. They are secured to a holder pad with a compatible disc retainer nut
For optimal performance, the disc should be used with a holder pad of the appropriate density for the application—a lighter density holder pad for fine grade grinding applications, and a harder density holder pad for coarse grade grinding applications. Using the correct holder pad for the application ensures that the abrasive mineral will continually re-sharpen, maximizing the life of the abrasive.
Our Standard Abrasives™ Zirconia Resin Fiber Disc is a good choice for medium or high-pressure applications. This center hole disc comes in coarse grades and is also available in smaller sizes with a quick-change attachment
(sold separately). For maximum durability and disc performance rate, we recommend a Standard Abrasives™ Holder Pad
for attachment to a right angle grinder.
See More 3M™ Abrasive Accessories
(PDF, 4.29 Mb)