- Thick high density disc contains 25% more material than standard flap discs to deliver longer life and fewer disc changes
- Flap construction achieves single-step grinding and blending and may replace grinding wheels and fiber discs
- Polyester backing resists edge tearing or fraying under high pressure
- Versatile Zirconia HP material offers excellent performance on many heavy-duty applications
- Grinding aid promotes efficient cutting on stainless steels and nickel alloys, keeping workpiece temperatures at a minimum
Constructed with 25% more material than our standard flap discs, our Standard Abrasives™ Zirconia HP HD Flap Disc offers extra-long life for rapid, high pressure grinding operations. It features extra-sharp alumina zirconia mineral on hard-wearing polyester flaps. The flaps wear away with use to reveal fresh, sharp mineral for beveling, deburring, and edge chamfering.
Achieves Aggressive Cut with Smooth Finish, Resists Gouging
Ideal for use in metal fabrication, the heavy-duty Standard Abrasives™ Zirconia HP HD Flap Disc achieves fast, aggressive stock removal without compromising finish. It is a great choice for high pressure grinding applications, especially on stainless steel when a nice finish and gouge resistance are desired. A grinding aid on the disc reduces grinding temperatures for best results and extended disc life in operations on stainless steel and nickel alloys.
Great Choice for One-Step Grinding and Blending
The overlapping layers of coated abrasive cloth flaps make this flap disc flexible, long lasting, sharp cutting, and a great choice for one step grinding and blending. In many instances it can replace grinding wheels and fiber discs, making it an advantageous addition to machine shops and body shops.
Compared to a grinding wheel, a flap disc cuts cooler, works faster, and is more user-friendly. Moreover, the flexibility of the flaps also reduces vibration and produces smoother results, which means the disc is easier to control and causes less operator fatigue, while maintaining a superior finish, grade for grade
A flap disc often outlasts a fiber disc while still providing an aggressive cut, so you can count on replacing it less often, which saves time and reduces consumables. It produces a smoother, more consistent finish, and won't curl up in storage as fiber discs sometimes do. Choose one grade coarser than the fiber disc you would typically use for your application for comparable results.
Disc Workhorse Offers Great Versatility
A Standard Abrasives™ Zirconia HP HD Flap Disc provides an effective solution for many different high-pressure operations. Use it to:
Choosing a Flap Disc
- Accomplish high stock removal on corners and flats
- Remove rust or other contaminants
- Flatten welds
- Smooth out stubborn beads and burrs
- Perform heavy-duty beveling
- Remove cutting torch slag from steel plates
We engineered Standard Abrasives™ High Density (HD) Flap Discs with the industrial operator in mind packed with 25% more abrasive muscle, they deliver exceptional cut and life. High density discs are thicker than standard flap discs due to their wider flaps, and therefore last longer and require fewer interruptions for disc changes.
Variations in mineral type, backing and disc shape enable efficient abrasive solutions. By pairing the right flap disc with your unique application you ensure peak performance and market-leading value. We offer HD discs in three material types (each sold separately):
- Zirconia AP: Versatile disc performs well when you need one disc for a variety of applications; poly-cotton backing, ideal for medium-pressure applications
- Zirconia HP: More durable backing supports high pressure grinding such as beveling, deburring and edge chamfering; grinding aid for stainless and high nickel alloys; polyester backing
- Ceramic Pro: Fastest cutting; grinding aid, ideal for stainless steel and high tensile alloys; poly-cotton backing, well-suited for medium-pressure applications
Designed for use on a right angle grinder, HD flap discs have a Type 27 or Type 29 profile.
Quality Solutions for Industrial Operations
- Type 27 Flat: Flaps are flush with a flat surface and ideal for generating a smooth finish on flat areas or outside edges
- Type 29 Conical: Flaps are angled to provide more aggressive cutting action, ideal for stock removal and faster results on both edge work and flats
The Standard Abrasives™ brand has supplied quality abrasives to the metalworking industry for over 50 years. Customers rely on our broad offering of high performance products including coated, bonded, and non-woven abrasive lines.