- Moderately aggressive non-woven material may be used for a variety of light to medium-duty applications
- Suitable for most metals including stainless steel, as well as composites
- Sharp-cutting silicon carbide produces a satin finish
- Roll form enables conversion or custom sheet sizing for tool or hand use
- Conformable material accesses hard-to-reach areas
- Open web is load resistant to maintain consistent cut and prolong service life
- Abrasive may be run wet to help wash away swarf and keep abrasive running cool, reducing contamination and smearing
Our Standard Abrasives™ Silicon Carbide Buff and Blend Roll imparts a satin finish to large surfaces when used with a power sander, and enables custom conversion or sheet sizing for use by hand or when working with a lathe or spindle-held part. The non-woven nylon material combines toughness with pliability, ensuring a consistent finish over contours and surface irregularities.
Non-woven nylon material combines toughness and pliability
Versatile Product for Machine or Hand Use
We manufacture the Standard Abrasives™ Silicon Carbide Buff and Blend Roll in widths that fit most power sanders. Simply cut the sheet to the desired length for use on a vibratory orbital or straight-line sander. Likewise, sheets or pieces can be cut off the roll for use by hand on smaller or harder-to-reach areas of the workpiece, or to finish a part turning on a lathe or spindle. Jumbo rolls are available for conversion into specialty forms.
Use our Standard Abrasives™ Silicon Carbide Buff and Blend material to:
- Remove micro burrs
- Lightly clean molds or dies
- Clean light-duty residue, discoloration, or tool marks from stainless steel
- Blend minor surface imperfections, handling marks and secondary burrs from coated abrasives
- Remove minor surface oxidation and rust when prepping surfaces for coating
- Remove part lines from small castings, small burrs from threaded parts and flash from plastic molded parts
- Produce fine grain finishes on stainless steel after weld removal and use for cosmetic finishing on aluminum castings
This roll of Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend material combines an open web of nylon strands with sharp-cutting silicon carbide and a resin bond, resulting in a conformable sheet that is durable enough for cleaning and finishing with a bench motor, power tool or by hand. A variety of Buff & Blend rolls are available to suit different application requirements, including aluminum oxide rolls (available separately).
Choose from a versatile range of Buff and Blend products
Load-Resistant Construction Boosts Life and Performance
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products are load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape. Consequently, less debris clogs the abrasive, so the mineral can stay fresh, keep cutting sharp and deliver a consistent cut over the life of the product. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.
The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Products
™ Buff and Blend products invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput. Each Buff and Blend product and grade offers unique benefits, so operators can choose from a versatile range of options to ensure optimal performance on specific applications.