- Well-suited for finishing, cleaning, and blending applications on aluminum, brass and stainless steel
- Tough nylon face removes surface contaminants without leaving lines or gouging the work piece
- Conformable flaps deliver a consistent in-line brush finish for stainless steel and aluminum parts, leaving no lines on the surface
- Open web design resists loading and eliminates metal contamination of workpiece
- Resin coated surface runs cool and is waterproof for use with lubricants
- Various sizes available for wide range of tools: straight shaft portable grinder, bench motor, backstand, floor lathe, rotary, straight line, and robotic
The conformability and consistent performance of our Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Flap Brush makes it ideal for blending, cleaning, deburring and finishing on stainless steel, brass and aluminum, especially where a uniform and long line brushed finish is desired.
Flap Brush Family
Quality Materials and Construction for Demanding Finishing Applications
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products are made from tough, resin-reinforced nylon fiber with aluminum oxide abrasive grain. The durable high strength construction of our Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Flap Brush provides aggressive, controlled action and a consistent, uniform finish without leaving behind parting lines. Non-woven construction conforms to workpiece contours, curves, and ridges and allows removing surface contaminants without eliminating critical detail or gouging the workpiece. Choose from a broad offering of sizes, densities and grades to suit many different finishing operations.
A Buff and Blend Flap Brush is an ideal choice for:
Featuring Consistent Finishes and Operator Comfort
- A grain finish on brass strike plates for door hardware
- A satin finish on builders' hardware (cabinet handles, door knobs, and more)
- Satin finishes on soft metals
- Inline brushed finishes on aluminum and stainless cookware (pots and pans)
- Producing fine scratch patterns on utensils and cutlery prior to cotton buff and compound polishing
- Removing oxide from precious metals
- Blending flash and parting lines on aluminum die cast
Flap brushes produce a consistent finish which does not reflect lines commonly attributed with ganged arbor hole discs. Density, pressure and angle determine the ability of the flap brush to remove burrs, oxidation and handling marks. The abrasive material provides ventilation which helps dissipate heat and, therefore, runs cooler. This provides consistent finishes without smearing or otherwise discoloring the work piece. Minimal vibration can reduce chattermarks on the workpiece and can lead to less operator and machine fatigue.
Load-Resistant Construction Boosts Life and Performance
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products are load-resistant to keep you cutting with fresh mineral. The gaps in the open web allow unwanted swarf to escape. Consequently, less debris clogs the abrasive, so the mineral can stay fresh, keep cutting sharp and deliver a consistent cut over the life of the product. As the fibers break down and fresh mineral is exposed, it reduces the likelihood of dull or blunt mineral smearing the surface, contributing to cleaner surfaces and less re-work. Furthermore, manual fatigue that may result from applying heavy pressure to a dull abrasive is reduced.
The Many Benefits of Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend Products
Standard Abrasives™ Buff and Blend products invigorate deburring, cleaning, blending and finishing applications by helping operators reduce finishing steps, minimize costs and achieve greater throughput. Each Buff and Blend product and grade offers unique benefits, so operators can choose from a versatile range of options to ensure superior performance on specific applications.